Monday, June 15, 2009

Sesame Chicken Pasta Salad

For you Asian foodies out there, this may just be the one for you!
This recipe is so great, especially for hot summer days when you want a light meal.  This is so good!  Hope you try, and like, this one.  I noted my changes at the bottom!

Sesame Pasta Chicken Salad
  • 1/4 cup sesame seeds
  • 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/3 cup light soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup rice vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 3 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken breast meat
  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1/3 cup chopped green onion

  1. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds, and cook stirring frequently until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and set aside.
  2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain pasta, and rinse under cold water until cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
  3. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine vegetable oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, sesame seeds, ginger, and pepper. Shake well.
  4. Pour sesame dressing over pasta, and toss to coat evenly. Gently mix in chicken, cilantro, and green onions.
Here are the changes I made: 
I used half the amount of oil (1/4 cup).  I used chicken breast chunks instead of shredding (I think it gives better texture).  So I baked 2 chicken breasts (sprinkled with lemon pepper seasoning) and then cut it up and put it in the salad.  I think I used less cilantro, but that is just to taste.  I added some shredded carrots, and frozen green peas.  I was going to add some sliced snow peas, but I didn't have any.  But I think snow peas would give some extra crunch and would be so yummy!  I think I probably put too many sesame seeds, but I added more than they said to use...

No comments:

Post a Comment