This recipe is so great, especially for hot summer days when you want a light meal. This is so good! Hope you try, and like, this one. I noted my changes at the bottom!
Sesame Pasta Chicken Salad
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken breast meat
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds, and cook stirring frequently until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain pasta, and rinse under cold water until cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine vegetable oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, sesame seeds, ginger, and pepper. Shake well.
- Pour sesame dressing over pasta, and toss to coat evenly. Gently mix in chicken, cilantro, and green onions.
Here are the changes I made:
I used half the amount of oil (1/4 cup). I used chicken breast chunks instead of shredding (I think it gives better texture). So I baked 2 chicken breasts (sprinkled with lemon pepper seasoning) and then cut it up and put it in the salad. I think I used less cilantro, but that is just to taste. I added some shredded carrots, and frozen green peas. I was going to add some sliced snow peas, but I didn't have any. But I think snow peas would give some extra crunch and would be so yummy! I think I probably put too many sesame seeds, but I added more than they said to use...